Saturday, September 18, 2004

I'm Eight Weeks Old!

I've been living with Mommy and Daddy for two weeks now. I like it here. Daddy is coming around. He told Mommy that he loves me even if I am a Chihuahua. Daddy likes big dogs like German Shepherds. I'm a big dog, I just happen to be in a little body. Got to make Daddy understand that I can do anything a big dog can do, only better!

Mommy's a little frustrated with me. She thinks I should potty in the litter box like Dolly and Oliver, but, geez Louise! I'm a dog! I have fun digging in the litter box Mommy fixed for me though. Mommy's starting taking me outside to potty, but I'd rather potty in the house. Hee hee! I try to help Mommy when she cleans up after me. I chase the rags she cleans the floor with and make sure they don't get away from her. I'm a big help! At least, that's what Mommy says.

I don't go outside much yet. Mommy says I'm too little to go out without a harness and leash. We live in a condo and don't have yard and Mommy has to pick up after me. The harness Mommy got for me is too big! It's the smallest she could find, and I helped her adjust it to make it smaller, at least I tried to help, but it's still a little too big. But, I'll grow into it. Sooner than Mommy thinks!

Daddy used Mommy's van the other day when he went to the doctor. So before they left to take Mommy to work, they put me in the crate. I hate it! I cried and whined, but they left me alone! It seemed like hours and hours before Daddy got back. He said it was only an hour, but I don't think so! Then, he left again and was gone longer. It must have been days! I'm not really sure, because I went to sleep. I was tired from crying to get out. Dolly and Oliver wouldn't help me. Something about not having opposable thumbs and that if I were in the crate, I wouldn't bother them and they could eat my food. That's okay. I'll eat their food when I get hungry. Ha!

When Daddy went to get Mommy at work, he put me back in my crate, but this time he took me with him. I slept most of the way. I was still sleepy when Mommy came out to the van. I was excited to see her, but I was still sleepy. Mommy took me out of the crate and held me all the way home. I liked that alot. And I like riding in the van. When Mommy holds me, I can see out the window.

When we got home, Mommy put me down on the ground. Wow! That driveway is hot! So I stayed in the grass and sniffed around. There were so many new smells! And not one of them Dolly or Oliver. They aren't allowed out. And they're too lazy to go out anyway. Now, me, I'm the explorer type. I want to explore the yard and see what's outside the house. Mommy says one day we'll have a house with a real, fenced in yard where I can run and play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home