Saturday, January 08, 2005

It's Been A Long Time

It's been a long time since I've posted. I've grown alot. I'm now almost 6 months old and weight 6.2 pounds. Mommy thinks I'm getting a little pudgy, but says I'm still cute.

I had some special training the week before Christmas. The place where Mommy works trains dogs to be guide dogs for the blind. Mommy and I both know I can't ever be a guide dog; I'll just never be big enough, but Mommy thought I could use some "special training." Mommy told me all about where she works so I would know what was going to happen. I was still scared when I got there! It was loud and noisy and there were all these other dogs, and boys, and a cat, too! I was a little scared of the noise. Have you ever seen a prison movie where the sound bounces off the walls and it's hard to hear? Well, it's really like that. And hearing the cell doors slam. That's real too. And I'm not sure I'd want to eat the food all the time. Mommy says the food is very nutritious, but it doesn't smell so good.

Mommy works in a juvenile prison. Mommy told me I can't tell you anything I heard there, so I'll just say these boys committed some serious crimes, I'll tell you what! But, they are good at training the big dogs. There's a cat to make sure the dogs won't chase a cat when they are leading a blind person. Can you imagine a dog chasing a cat and dragging a blind person along? Not good. So that was how Mia came to the prison. Mommy said that because we have a cat, all the other dog programs will be required to have cats too. And that's good.

Anyway, Mommy took me to work with her. I thought she was gonna leave me there! But she came and got me when it was time to go home. I was ready to go home! I was so happy to see her! But, it was kind of interesting. The boy she gave me to was nice to me. He carried me around and tried to teach me to sit. Well, shoot! I already knew how to sit! I just want to do it when I want to do it! Oh, well. If it makes Mommy happy, I'll do it. I went to school and outside to play. But I wasn't allowed to play with the big dogs. They're huge! But I wasn't scared of them, I'll tell you what.

Mommy said I need to learn some basic commands, but another reason I went was to give the boy who was training me some extra attention. He's having a hard time with his guilt over what he did. I can't tell you, but it was pretty bad. I hope I helped.

I was only there for three days, but Mommy said I might go back another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home