Saturday, January 08, 2005

Going to the Vet

Mommy said that before I went to work with her I had to have all my shots. I didn't have any idea of what she meant, but if Mommy said I had to have it, I'd get it.

So one Saturday Mommy put my harness on me and we went outside. When she opened the car door, I knew we were going for a ride. I like to go for rides! So I jumped in. It was a little high for me; Mommy drives a van, but I did it! Mommy put my riding basket on the seat and lifted me into it. I wanted to jump in, but it was a little high, even for me, and you know I can do anything! Mommy put my leash around the headrest and explained that it was to keep me safe. If we had an accident, between the basket and the leash, I couldn't go too far.

So we started out. Turned out, we were going to the Vet. When we got to the office, Mommy carried me in because I had never been there before and didn't know where I was going. There were cats and other dogs in the waiting room. All the smells! It was really interesting in there, I'll tell you what! After a little while, Mommy took me to be weighted. I weight 4.6 pounds. See? I'm not so little any more! We went into another room where Mommy put me on this high table. Dr. Nancy came in and checked me over and said I was a cutie pie. Well, I knew that! Everyone says I'm cute. She also said that I seem to be very healthy and that she didn't see any fleas. Fleas? They wouldn't dare! I'll nip them and chew 'em up! ('Scuse me, I have an itch.) Then, she stuck me with a needle! Sheese! That hurt! Just for a minute, but it hurt! What did I do to her? Then, she stuck a pill down my throat! And I thought she was nice!

We left a few minutes later. Mommy got a package of some sort. I sniffed it, but couldn't tell what it was. For some reason, I don't think I like it. I heard Mommy tell Daddy that they would have to give me a pill every month for heartworm. I don't know what that is, but I don't think I like it.

Mommy went to Burger King after the vet and got a croisanwich. One for me and one for her. It was good! But Mommy said we can't do that too often because I'll get too pudgy and that's not good for me. Shoot! I'm a puppy! I'll run it off, I'll tell you what!

Anyway, I had an adventure to tell Oliver and Dollie about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home