Saturday, January 08, 2005

Christmas Vacation!

I don't know what Christmas is all about, but I like it! I got toys and Mommy, Daddy, and I went on a trip! Dollie and Oliver didn't get to go, so I guess I'm special.

We went to Melbourne, Florida where Daddy lived before he met Mommy. His father lives there and that was who we went to see. Gramps had never met me, and Daddy wanted to show me off. We got in Mommy's van. Daddy drove and Mommy held me. I had ridden in the van several times, so I wasn't afraid, but it was a long trip. I was able to see outside because it was still light, but I got bored after awhile. Mommy was wearing a jacket and I got inside and went to sleep. We stopped in Lake Wales. Mommy said we had to make a "pit stop." Mommy went inside and Daddy took me to a grassy area in case I needed a pit stop, too. I was worried about Mommy, though. I needed to protect her! But Daddy said she'd be okay for a few minutes without me. The smells were new and different, I'll tell you what! I kept an eye out for Mommy and when she came out, Daddy went in. I don't know why Daddy gave her the empty plastic bag he was carrying, but Mommy took it and we went back to the grass.

When Daddy came out, he asked if I had done anything. I don't know what he meant, Mommy wouldn't let me get into trouble! And the smells were just too interesting! Mommy said she'd put the bag in the van door so that it would be handy in case we had to stop along the way. We got back into the van and continued on our way.

Mommy and I fell asleep and didn't wake up until we got close to Melbourne. I went back to sleep for the rest of the trip. It was dark and I couldn't see anything and I couldn't play, so sleep was the next best thing.

When we got to Gramps' house, we got out and I peed. Well, it had been hours! When we went inside, there were a bunch of people I had never seen! I had to show them that I was in charge, so I started to bark at them. Everybody seem to think it was funny! I meant business! Well, after a minute or two, they stopped laughing and took me seriously. About time! Mommy gave me some of my toys and they all started talking to each other. Of course, I had to check everyone out to be sure they were okay. They seemed to check out okay and I let them pet me.

After awhile, everyone left. It was just me, Mommy, and Daddy left. Seems Gramps doesn't live here anymore. He lives in another house with Geri, one of the nice ladies I met. He kept his house for us to stay in when we come to visit. And in a few months, Chrissie and Nelson, Daddy's niece and her husband, will be moving in. They're nice, too. Geri seems to be okay, I smelled a dog on her, but it didn't smell like a Chi. I heard someone say her dog is Shitz Zhu. I think that's how it's spelled. It's a dog, so that's okay, but if it's not a Chi, it doesn't matter how it's spelled.

On Sunday, Daddy's best friend, Stewart, came to see me. Daddy called him and said he wanted to introduce him to the newest member of his family. I decided he must be alright because I smelled Chis on him. He showed Mommy and Daddy pictures of his dogs. Daddy said the next time we go to visit, we'll try to go to Stewart's house to meet the Chis. Oh, and Stewart's wife, Dina, too.

When we left to go home, it was still light, so I could see more. But, it was boring, just cars and trees and flat land. I went to sleep, but after a while, I had to poop, but I couldn't figure out how to tell Mommy. She finally figured it out and Daddy pulled over. Luckily, it was in an area where there was a parking lot. That's when I found out why Mommy had the plastic bag. She cleaned up my poop and threw it in the trash. Mommy's a good citizen. I wouldn't want anyone to step in that. Yuk!

Dollie and Oliver met us at the door when we got home. I had a lot to tell them, I'll tell you what! They acted like they didn't care that I got to go on a road trip, but they were jealous, I could tell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home